Sound Alerts and Nagios2.0b2

Chris Stankaitis chris.stankaitis at datawire.net
Fri Apr 1 18:35:56 CEST 2005

Sound alerts seem pretty broken in Nagios.. this just may be me but I
don't think they work very logically.

it seems like an alert is played every two minutes when the browser is
refreshed regardless of the network status, just as annoying an alert is
played pretty much anytime you navigate around Nagios.

Alerts don't seem to follow standard nagios 'alerting' logic I.E. it
doesn't seem to me that the alerts know when to play an when not to play
unlike the rest of the 'alerting' system, we have a few servers which we
only care about alerts during work hours, we have a few services which
we care about but don't need to be e-mailed about.. Sound alerts don't
seem to be smart enough to know when to play and when not to play

of course this is difficult to tell given that the "alert every 2 mins"
pollutes my ability to test properly.

has anyone gotten sound alerts to work effectively? I read a thread
about a month or two ago about it, but it didn't seem like there was a
good solution to this matter.

Any Thoughts?