Service Checks not running

Martin, Stanley G [CGEY Contractor for Sprint] Stanley.G.Martin at mail.sprint.com
Thu Sep 30 19:49:25 CEST 2004

I believe I have fixed my problem and of course it was something stupid.
When I was setting up the dependencies I put too many options in the
Execution Failure Criteria and the Notification Failure Criteria. I only
needed (w)arning, (u)nreachable, and (c)ritical and I inadvertently
added (o)k.  Got in too big of a hurry yanking and putting in VI.

Stanley G. Martin
System Administrator
Sprint - EAS Business Intelligence
Stanley.G.Martin at mail.sprint.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Scott [mailto:jeff at skislave.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 4:41 PM
To: Martin, Stanley G [CGEY Contractor for Sprint]
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Service Checks not running

YES...been fighting it for 2 days...and finally figured out my problem.

I'm running perfparse addon to nagios, which deletes the perfdata file,

and sends HUP to nagios.  I had it on 5 minute schedule.  However, what

happens, it for some reason, every now and then, nagios doesn't respond
the HUP, and it spawns a new nagios process, and screws up the service
checks.

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:54:53 -0500, Martin, Stanley G [CGEY Contractor
for
Sprint] <Stanley.G.Martin at mail.sprint.com> wrote:

> I added some new services and I forced the first check and it was
> successful.  After that they never run on their own.
>
> For example:
>
> Last Check Time:	09-29-2004 12:32:02
> Status Data Age:	0d 2h 18m 57s
> Next Scheduled Active Check:  	09-29-2004 14:54:53
>
> The Next Scheduled Active Check comes and goes and the Next Active
Check
> time will show 15:04 and the Last Check Time will stay the same.  It
> keeps doing this until it gets to the way it shows in the example.
The