Nagios Plugin Written in Java

Sean Leach sleach at wiggum.com
Thu Sep 30 15:44:38 CEST 2004

There is no difference writing a plugin in Java, Python, Prolog, Lisp
whatever, they function the same way.  I had to write a couple in Java
to use the JDBC libs for checking databases, they are simple enough.

I wrote a shell script that was the actual plugin that setup the
classpath and called the java executable, and in the Java plugin, used

System.out.print() for the output, and System.exit for the nagios status
level.