Composite network port checking

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at canada.com
Wed Sep 29 19:34:39 CEST 2004

I have a service delivered via three redundant port servers with
checks placed on each of the three lines, but each individual socket
is pretty unstable and I get a lot of false-positives.

check_tcp does most everything I need for the single socket checks,
but what I really need is some sort of reverse-dependency that assumes
Service A fails over to Service B and then to Service C, a combined
escalation rule triggered by 2 out of three, 1 out of three, and go
totally ballistic on zero out of 3.

is there any easy way (apart from coding a custom plugin) to base
escalations on the combined failure on /multiple/ check_tcp results?

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym at teledyn.com>
www.teledyn.com/mt - www.teledyn.com - sbp.teledyn.com