monitoring this URL - help needed

Jason Lim jas888 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 15:49:35 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

I have just installed nagios 1.2 on a RH9 box. I am trying to test a
URL. When I run on the command prompt, I got

#./check_http -H 192.168.10.10 -u
http://192.168.10.10/xpad.asp?/LARGE\&ORDER\\&N -e 404

HTTP ok: HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found -   0.041 second response time
|time=  0.041

This tells me everything is working: can be executed and  returns the
correct response. However, I am getting (Return code of 127 is out of
bounds - plugin may be missing)  on the Nagios's web status
information

I've got no problem in nagios service restarts.
Here's the extracts from checkcommands.cfg and services.cfg file.

 Any leads will be much appreciated.

 What am I missing?

Extract from checkcommands.cfg
 define command{
         command_name    check_url
         command_line    $USER1$/check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -u $ARG2$ -e $ARG3$
         }

Extract from services.cfg
---------------------------------
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

        host_name                       host1
        service_description             urlcheck
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           3
        retry_check_interval            1