RES: RES: Notification alerts customization - Tips

bcotta at unimedbh.com.br bcotta at unimedbh.com.br
Wed Sep 29 14:14:20 CEST 2004

Hi,

I customize my notification alert. I think that I can help with this.
When I receive e-mail that notify me that I have a problem in a service or
server, I add in mail hyperlink that direct me to html page that contain
what I have to do to solve some problems. I add this line in
misscommands.cfg http://server12/alertas/$HOSTALIAS$\n\n (see below) and in
hosts.cfg I put in alias server01.html. In the mail that I will receive is
like this http://server12/alertas/server01.html and I click in the link and
open another page that help with this.

misscommands.cfg
# 'notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
	command_name	notify-by-email
	command_line	/usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios
*****\nAdministracao de Rede\n\nTipo de Notificacao:
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nServico: $SERVICEDESC$\nServidor:
$HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nStatus: $SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time:
$DATETIME$\n\nAlertas conhecidos: http://server12/alertas/$HOSTALIAS$\n\n
Informacao Adicional:\n$OUTPUT$"  | /bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$
alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
	}

Regards,
--
Breno Andrade Cotta