Upgraded NetSaint to Nagios 1.1 - trouble in paradise!

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Sep 28 20:23:41 CEST 2004

----Original Message----
From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Charles
V. Boehnlein Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 11:07 AM To:
nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Upgraded
NetSaint to Nagios 1.1 - trouble in paradise!

> OK included directions for the upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2 doesn't
> include any thing of use.
>
> How can I upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2 without removing 1.1?
> I searched google and the list archives and found nothing.

Presuming that your mandrake install of 1.1 puts everything in standard
directories it's as simple as:

./configure --whatever-options-you-want
Make all
(stop nagios)
make install
(start nagios)

Do not perform a 'make install-config'. You risk overwriting your
existing config files. You should of course make a tarfile of your
existing nagios directory in the event that something tragic happens but
I've done the above for all versions of Nagios with no problems.

--
Marc