NRPE

Harper Mann hmann at itgroundwork.com
Tue Sep 28 05:37:47 CEST 2004

Do you run the check_nrpe command from the command line as the user
"nagios"?

Are there firewalls between the Nagios server and the target host?   5666 is
the customary port.

Are you running under xinet?  Did you restart xinet with kill -SIGHUP?

What user is nrpe running under on the target host?  Does it have permission
to run the check.

Regards,

- Harper

Harper Mann