AW: AW: Cascading Services/Service hierarchy

Gerd Müller gmueller at netways.de
Fri Sep 24 17:12:04 CEST 2004

Sorry I am not sure if I understand your question right. But sounds like
you are again mixing up slas with physical services. The availability of
your website/shop/... is different from the availability of the
webserver. You should define both views.

An example: your webserver still can be active but only displays "shop
is closed". Wouldn't that be bad ;-) ? So the webserver (http) would be
ok but the shop (in this case your sla-service!) would be critical. So
both service definitions are esential.

Gerd

BTW: for check_cluster have a look at
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/clusters.html