Réf. : [Nagios-users] Error 403 (access forbidden ) accessingthe cgi files

Frank.BOURDEAU at dga.defense.gouv.fr Frank.BOURDEAU at dga.defense.gouv.fr
Fri Sep 24 09:23:50 CEST 2004

Hi,

Are the permissions correct on the cgi-bin directory ? they must be 755 .
Hope it help you

Frank

"Paulo Jardim" <pjardim at bionexo.com.br>
Envoyé par : nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
23/09/2004 11:14

        Pour :  <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
        cc :
        Objet : [Nagios-users] Error 403 (access forbidden) accessing the cgi files

Hi,

I have installed Nagios 1.2 in my system. I have configured exactly as the
documentation request.
But, I still have problems to access the CGI files. When I select any
option into the Web menu, I have the following error message :

Access forbidden!
You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either
read-protected or not readable by the server.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
Error 403

The files are in /usr/local/nagios/sbin. I have verified the right access
for these files and they are correct.
When I select any option of web interface menu, the status bar of IE is
calling for /nagios/cgi-bin/ instead of /nagios/sbin.

Is it the problem ? When it is defined ? What is the correct configuration
for the httpd.conf apache file ?

Thanks a lot for any cooperation.

Paulo Jardim
Bionexo.com.br