Error 403 (access forbidden) accessing the cgi files

Paulo Jardim pjardim at bionexo.com.br
Thu Sep 23 16:14:33 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have installed Nagios 1.2 in my system. I have configured exactly as
the documentation request.
But, I still have problems to access the CGI files. When I select any
option into the Web menu, I have the following error message :

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either
read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the
<mailto:pjardim at bionexo.com.br> webmaster

Error 403

The files are in /usr/local/nagios/sbin. I have verified the right
access for these files and they are correct.
When I select any option of web interface menu, the status bar of IE is
calling for /nagios/cgi-bin/ instead of /nagios/sbin.

Is it the problem ? When it is defined ? What is the correct
configuration for the httpd.conf apache file ?

Thanks a lot for any cooperation.

Paulo Jardim
Bionexo.com.br
Depto Tecnologia da Informação