Nagios Installing - newbe

Jan Scholten Jan.Scholten at iconz.net
Thu Sep 23 00:30:58 CEST 2004

> i tried to install nagios for Red Hat Linux 9 box ,It is installed
> successfully but acording to some documentations i didn't see the exact
> final installed folders.
Can't understand sentence.. Skip!

> and finally i couldn't get the out put .
Install gdlib (see FAQ e.g.
http://nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=194&expand=false&showdesc=false)
to see the output. You may need to update /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig

read documentation (it should be working quite fine)

> Can somebody help me to install Nagios for Red Hat Linux 9 ?
Yeah.. there are links to the paid support on the nagios.org website!

> Is there any speacial tools has to be installed before install nagios ?
read faq, read doku, gdlib, zlib and co

> is there such proper documentation for nagios ?
google for nagios install howto
you will find some good links, but the files on the nagios.org/docs may
help too

> i need ur help plz ,,,,,,,!!!!!!
Why do zou want to use Nagios? the website states some good points:
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/beginners.html
I read docus and howtos and mailinglist archives for at least 2 days
before i got Nagios to install :-) still puzzeling out one or two strange
behaviors.

Don't use multiple exklamation marks.. it doesn't make zour post more
important!

"And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone
who wears
his underpants on his head. Opera can do that to a man."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Maskerade)