Host check running before service check retry interval

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Wed Sep 22 20:32:04 CEST 2004

We have the same problem.  On some of our monitored hosts, the internet
connection is very poor.  We don't care that those hosts are down for a
little while, but we do care if they are down for more than 1 hour.  The
only ways I've found so far is to use one of the methods you've described.
We're using escalation now, but it feels a bit kludgy.