SIGSEGV in Nagios 2.0a1 under S/390 SUSE

Dan Goggiano dgoggiano at doit.nv.gov
Wed Sep 22 06:54:22 CEST 2004

I've searched the threads and followed all of the advice I could find on
this issue.  I am getting an SEGV while trying to start the nagios
process.  I am running SUSE Linux 8 for Z/OS (Z900 Mainframe).

I've attached a gzip with the full trace, but unfortunately, I do not
have enough knowledge to debug.  I'd appreciate any suggestions!  I've
already looked at permissions issues and started over with the base
configurations.  I have compiled with DEBUGALL and am not using the
embedded Perl stuff.

################ STATUS and STACK INFO #################

(gdb) info program

        Using the running image of child Thread 1024 (LWP 1588).

Program stopped at 0x4013a780.

It stopped with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

(gdb) info stack

#0  0x4013a780 in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6

#1  0x4013a4a0 in strdup () from /lib/libc.so.6

#2  0x004450ba in xpddefault_initialize_performance_data ()

#3  0x00444e1c in initialize_performance_data ()

#4  0x0040b59c in main ()

#5  0x400d97bc in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6

#6  0x0040affc in _start ()

- Dan Goggiano

Computer Operations Manager

State of Nevada

 Department of Information Technology

(775) 684-4306

This communication, including any attachments, may contain confidential
information and is intended only for the individual or entity to it is
addressed. Any review, dissemination or copying of this communication by
anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
e-Mail and delete all copies of the original message.