RES: RES: Notification alerts customization

bcotta at unimedbh.com.br bcotta at unimedbh.com.br
Mon Sep 20 19:05:40 CEST 2004

Hi,

I understand what did you see, but how can I associate the hosts.cfg with
misccommands.cfg?

I will try to explain:
In all servers that I have in my hosts.cfg, I d like to put a additional
information in each server. I think that I will create a variable (see * in
hosts.cfg) and in this variable I will put some information so solve the
problem and another informations.

Hosts.cfg
# 'server01' host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use

        host_name               server01
        alias                   Servidor
        parents                 switch-1
        address                 172.26.1.159
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
*        additional_information  Server to control the Internet Access
        }

And in this below, What can I do to put a variable?
Misccommands.cfg
# 'notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
        command_name    notify-by-email
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService:
$SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState:
$SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$" |
/bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is
$SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
        }

I think that the Harper Mann write I can do this so easy, but it?s not
pratical.

Regards,
--
Breno Andrade Cotta