Passive service-checks

Johan Henes johan at henes.no
Thu Sep 16 22:36:35 CEST 2004

Thanks a lot for Your help, Harper !

I am sorry for my late feedback, but You know - customers :-)

I have found the error thanks to Your enlightening explanation...

The problem was actually that SNMPTT did enter 'WARNING' as status to the
submit_check_result - script instead of "1" as documented... Nagios logged
the text 'WARNING' in the log, but the status was interpreted as "OK" by
nagios - hence not sending a notification... When changing it everything
works fine....(puh - several days of work over)

What I am a bit surprised about is that the service runs active checks even
though the service description tells it not to. Should it be like that ??

By the way - When disabling active checks the status for max check attempts
changed to 1/1... - beats me why.... (Maybe it was not updated when i "cut
and pasted" it into the mail....

Again - thanks a lot for Your help !!!

Johan