plugins that integrate with rrdtool

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Thu Sep 16 18:54:08 CEST 2004

[snip]

> I'm the author Mark speaks of.
>
> My "RRDtool notifier thingie" has been replaced with--da!--Nagios.
>
> Does anyone have a URL for a check_rrd plugin?  Google and sourceforge
> elude to one, but I couldn't find any actual code.
>
> (It's highly likely that I'll write my own check_rrd* plugins.
> But maybe not until the snow starts to fly around here!)
>
> steve
> - - -
> systems & network guy
> high energy physics
> university of wisconsin

I believe that there are two check_rrd plugins in the contrib and/or
scripts directories of the plugin distro.

I've also written a shell script (check_rrd_bw.sh) plugin, that only
checks rrd files that store bandwidth data (from MRTG in my case).
Should you want a copy of this, I've attached it. I never did get around
to cleaning it up and submitting it, but it works great in my Nagios
implementation.
Please feel free to edit it further, convert it, submit it, or toss it
in the bit bucket. Unfortunately I currently don't have time to work on
it further and submit it for inclusion in the plugins.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)