check_citrix help ..

Thu Sep 16 12:33:33 CEST 2004

Dear Folks,

Darren Hobbs plea for help with check_citrix has this answer (posted Thu
Jul 22 17:25:38 2004, but not invalidated by time).

'
No output! (see base/checks.c) is what Nagios sets the plugin output to
when it reads _nothing_ from the file handle connected to the plugin
process stdout.

In other words, the plugin has written nothing to stdout because it
abended or failed to handle what it received.

You can shed some light on the matter by, when you ask for help

1 reporting OS (name and version)

2 reporting plugin version

as the footer of each mail in the archives or on the lists asks for

(> Nagios-users mailing list
reporting any issue.

)

3 If you understand and can live with the consequences of this
modification to your setup, the results when you

3.1 rename your check_citrix plugin to something like
check_citrix_WRAPPED

3.2 create a script called check_citrix containing something like

#!/bin/sh

# start_plugin_wrapper

exec > /suitable/path/BAD_PLUGIN_whining 2>&1

exec <path_to_nagios>/libexec/check_citrix_WRAPPED $@

# end_plugin_wrapper

# BAD_PLUGIN_whining is the name of a file in a path writable by
# Nag (eg /tmp). It will contain any output - including compiler
# warnings to stdout.

Warning ! I haven't tried this with my Nag setup. It will probably
behave no worse than what you have at the moment, but YMMV.

> Hopefully I am just not doing something very simple.
> Any help would be appreciated, I would like to be able to
> monitor my Citrix boxes more completely.

Change file modes and install in <path_to_nagios>/libexec/

Check_citrix was conceived for pre Citrix Metaframe /XP. There is some
doubt as to whether the ICA browse service is required for Metaframe
/XP.

Yours sincerely.

--
Stanley Hopcroft

BALLAD OF A THIN MAN
(Words and Music by Bob Dylan)

You walk into the room
With your pencil in your hand
You see somebody naked
And you say, "Who is that man?"
You try so hard
But you don't understand
Just what you'll say
When you get home

Because something is happening here
But you don't know what it is
Do you, Mister Jones?

You raise up your head
And you ask, "Is this where it is?"
And somebody points to you and says
"It's his"
And you say, "What's mine?"
And somebody else says, "Where what is?"
And you say, "Oh my God
Am I here all alone?"