Help...Email Notification cmds on Solaris

Kevin Burks burkskw at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 15 23:26:43 CEST 2004

Hello, I'm having trouble with my notifications sending out Emails with some
blank info (Service name & State) for services like below:

***** Nagios 1.0 *****

Notification Type: PROBLEM

Service:
Host: VAIS
Address: 10.20.x.x
State:

Date/Time: Wed Sept 15 17:07:59 EDT 2004

Additional Info:

CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 10 seconds

Here are my command lines for the Email notifications running on Solaris:

"host-notify-by-email"

/usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios *****\n\nNotification Type:
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nState: $HOSTSTATE$\nAddress:
$HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo: $OUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\" | /usr/bin/mailx
-s "Host $HOSTSTATE$ alert for $HOSTNAME$!\" $CONTACTEMAIL$

"notify-by-email"

/usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios 1.0 *****\n\nNotification Type:
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress:
$HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional
Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$" | /usr/bin/mailx -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert -
$HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$

Anyone see anything wrong with these at all?

Thanks!

Kevin W. Burks
Orbital Sciences - Sr. Systems Analyst
Work: Burks.Kevin at orbital.com