ping troubles

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Sep 15 19:26:23 CEST 2004

----Original Message----
From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Don
{KMTS}.Net Support Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 10:59 AM To:
Nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net Subject: [Nagios-users] ping troubles

> Hi everyone,
> Just wanted to thank you all for the help you provided...it was very
> usefull.
> One question:
> When I do the check_ping in services it wants more info...the error
> is:
>
> check_ping: %s: Warning threshold must be integer or percentage!
>
> I tried entering:
> check_ping!100.0,20%!
>
> but it still wont work...any ideas on what i am doing wrong?

check_ping requires both warning and critical thresholds. The command
above (check_ping!100.0,20%) only passes one of those values. That value
will be substituted in for $ARG1$ in your command definition. If the
command definition references an $ARG2$ then it is expecting you to add
more values (i.e. check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0!50%). Which argument is
substituted for which value depends entirely on the command definition
which wasn't provided so I can't be more specific than that. The first
argument is $ARG1$ and the second is $ARG2$

--
Marc