plugins that integrate with rrdtool

Andreas Ericsson ae-n0Zl8IkGad4 at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 15 20:22:57 CEST 2004

atonns-nIb270m8h5BnIQPQXcBa+AC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org wrote:
> Nagios Community:
>
> I'm about to migrate my Nagios 1.2 server to a new machine (more hosts means
> needing more power). As my old install has been running for close to a year
> and a half - what's the latest status of plugins that integrate with
> rrdtool? Specifically, I'm looking for ones that also support SNMPv3. Last
> time I implemented, SNMPv3 was implement only a day or two before I rolled
> out.
>
> Currently, 95% of the plugins I'm using are custom coded. I've started to
> integrate a few of them with rrdtool to determine problems over a period of
> time (ie: interface error rate over the last X hours). I'd like to have them
> all integrate with rrdtool (similar to cricket) so that I only have to read
> the metric once and be able to use it for a) generating alerts b) storing
> data to graph trends c) alert based on automated trend analysis.

Have a look at cacti. It's available at http://raxnet.net and was
designed for this purpose specifically. It uses net-snmp (the C-coded
standards-defining one) to fetch its data, so it can handle any
SNMP-version ever mentioned in any RFC you pick.

--
Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson-n0Zl8IkGad4 at public.gmane.org
Lead Developer