check_disk command

nagios at mm.quex.org nagios at mm.quex.org
Wed Sep 15 09:48:55 CEST 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 08:39:42AM +0100, Richard Worwood wrote:

> Ok now I'm a little confused, I have Nagios running on a rhel server
> talking to two external linux boxes and one belonging to a customer
> over a secured vpn, running standard check_disk works fine on the two
> external iptables secured boxes but not the box connected to over the
> vpn. NRPE Isn't installed on any of these boxes, by what you've just
> told me it shouldn't be working on any of them, is this so ?

What does your definition for the check_disk command look like?
It can be run via ssh or any other method, but the program itself
only checks the discs of the machine it is running on.  The command
definition itself shouldn't make use of the HOSTADDRESS macro;
possibly you're running all the checks on the local machine and
just think it's telling you the status of the remote discs.