check_snmp always "warning"

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Fri Sep 10 08:15:38 CEST 2004

Hi,

Running nagios + nagios-plugins 1.3.1 and I'm trying to make a simply load
average snmp check using "check_snmp".  Reading the destructions, this
should work:

root at miko[/usr/local/etc/nagios]# /usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_snmp -H
spamd1 -o laLoadInt.1 -w 0:1000 -c 0:10000 -C deadbeef

The "-w" and "-c" paramaters are supposed to be a range where things are
marked "OK", so a warning level that only triggers outside the range of
0-1000 should not return a warning, correct?  But I get the following:

SNMP WARNING - 18

The OID I'm querying is an integer value:

root at miko[/usr/local/etc/nagios]# /usr/local/bin/snmpget -t 1 -r 9 -m ALL
-v 1 -c deadbeef spamd1:161  laLoadInt.1
UCD-SNMP-MIB::laLoadInt.1 = INTEGER: 35

Am I doing something completely wrong or is there a problem in
"check_snmp"?  OS is FreeBSD 4.8, plugins built from ports.

Thanks,

Charles

___
Charles Sprickman