Problem with Service Wildcards and Hostgroup e scalations

Dan Stromberg strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Wed Sep 15 05:40:03 CEST 2004

While I agree that posting in HTML can reduce the number of responses
one gets (especially in linux/unix communities), insisting on plaintext
e-mail is just kinda stuck in the past, I'm afraid.

Mime has been an RFC for quite a while, and even a program like mutt can
do a reasonably good job with mime, and even html.  Meanwhile, there are
more modern mail programs for linux and unix like mozilla thunderbird,
evolution, sylpheed, and more.  Some of these are even standard parts of
many linuxes,and evolution apparently will soon be a part of solaris (I
believe it's an optional download now).

In other words, if you insist on being stuck in the past, please don't
insist that others have to stay back there with you.  It just makes
linux/unix look like it's only for people who resist positive change.