$OUTPUT$ as shell script parameter

Horvath Tamas zsitfa at axelero.hu
Tue Sep 14 19:49:33 CEST 2004

Hi list!

I give Nagios macros to a shell script. This script produces for types
of messsages: EMAIL for HOST, SMS for HOST, EMAIL for SERVICE, SMS for
SERVICE notifications, and put a unique ID in front of the texts. It
workes well.

But now I would like to give the $OUTPUT$ macro to this script as the
other macros (in command line argument form). But when this contains a
special chahacter form example "(" the shell script down and says an error.

Did somebody do it? Please give me some advice.

Yes, I know that this is not a Nagios problem. Sorry! But there are many
good programmer in this list, maybe someone can help me justn in a second.

Thanks in advance, Tamas!