Pending host checks

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sun Sep 12 22:24:44 CEST 2004

Do these hosts have services associated with them? Nagios won't execute
a host check until a service check fails. Initially, if a service on the
host is determined to be OK, the host is assumed to be up and OK. If a
service on the host is determined to be CRITICAL, the host is checked
with its host check command. If neither apply (no service defined or
some other service check failure), the host remains PENDING with the
comment above.

--
Marc