Nagios 2.0 performance

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sat Sep 11 23:59:48 CEST 2004

Unless I'm being dense, this is my understanding of just what the event
broker is designed for. The logging module (or db module or whatever
someone writes) registers with the event broker to receive certain types
of status data or all status data in a well documented format, when
documentation is completed of course, and the rest flows naturally as
you described above. No messing with the core, no worries about
backporting for upgrades, and people are free to do whatever they want
with the data, including storing it in whatever format they want and
writing entirely new CGI's, not that the last couldn't be done now.

--
Marc