many hosts

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Fri Sep 10 22:16:19 CEST 2004

hahah!  The funniest useless answer (to a bad question) that I've read
all day.

Victor,  what exactly is the problem with your map?  In what way does
it "not look nice"?  There are all sorts of ways you can change the way
your map looks.

You can set up parents for your hosts, so that the map shows a proper
dependancy tree.  After you've done that, you can change to any one of
the default layouts... or you can even add map coordinates to each
host, to organize the map in any way you like.

All this stuff is covered in the docs.

On Sep 10, 2004, at 10:55, nagios at mm.quex.org wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 05:04:06PM +0300, victor wrote:
>
>> I have a lot of hosts and the map does not look nice.
>> Can I make it look better?
>
> You can use the statusmap_background_image parameter in cgi.cfg
> to set the background image to a picture of, say, Shiri Appleby,
> which will make anything look better.

> reporting any issue.

Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration
Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street,
Suite 1110
matt.pounsett at cira.ca                                 Ottawa, Ontario,
Canada
613.237.5335 ext. 231