Nagios user authentication

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Fri Sep 10 21:55:53 CEST 2004

Copying this back to the list.  Please don't email me directly, as it
deprives everyone else from reading your questions and the answers.

On Sep 10, 2004, at 08:46, Mariano Cunietti wrote:

> Hi Matt,
> I've just read a message of yours posted on the Sourceforge Nagios
> users mailing list:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=8137794
>
> Can I ask you if you managed to get authentication to work and how?
> I'm really stuck on this problem, I am always recognized as user '?',
> and the only way to run CGIs is to set authentication to
> 'off'. It's not *exactly* a good workaround, isn't it?
> Thanks in advance

Yeah.. I just followed the documentation and it worked for me.  Did you
check to see if you had the same problem as the person who I was
replying to there?

This is actually a FAQ, I think... I'd point you there bug
www.nagios.org still seems to be down.

Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration
Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street,
Suite 1110
matt.pounsett at cira.ca                                 Ottawa, Ontario,
Canada
613.237.5335 ext. 231