too many network connection to nrpe host, nrpe return "connection refuse by host"

magadmin magadmin at uui.com
Fri Sep 10 00:21:22 CEST 2004

Hi everyone,

I've been worked in these problem couple days, but I could not tell what the
problem is. Maybe some one already has this problem and may able to help me.

I setup nrpe client on a windows 2k box, nrpe support to monitor couple
service on this host such as: disk drive, process, host info, FTP. Nrpe
client report back the Nagios ok most of the time, but if I map a network
drive from my computer to that nrpe client host; nrpe on that hosts will
return "connection refuse by host" on some service (those service was
reported ok minutes ago).

Is this true if the network connection on nrpe client host getting busy,
then it will denial or kick out request from Nagios server? I just think so,
I'm not so sure. Please help me with this, and thank you in advance for
spending your time to read this.

Regards,
Nguyen.