Nagios Interface Revisited

Richard Luys richard.luys at vanderlet.nl
Thu Sep 9 11:38:36 CEST 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 04:32:08 -0500, Anton Krall
<akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx> wrote:
Hi Anton,

In another thread on this forum, I replied to Phillip Sand who asked
basically the same thing. We created a server with Apache on it, that
retrieves it's data dynamically from the Nagios-server. It's shell-script
based and uses wget to retrieve the pages we want our customers to be able
to view.

I already informed this other person that I will be happy to post 'our
solution' to this forum. If you like I will make sure you get a direct
copy. This solution is not perfect yet, but it's easy to understand and
therefore easy to customize to suit everyones needs...

Richard

> Guys.
>
> I was thinking, would this work: if you make a copy of the html pages for
> nagios and strip out the links and options you dont want your users to
> see,
> out them on another web directory, would it work for them? would this
> make a
> oogd end user interface without having to recode anything and without
> having
> to worry on them trying to click on something they dont need to or
> having to
> use another auth system?
>
> My thoughts :)

> reporting any issue.