plugin question

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Sep 9 04:39:27 CEST 2004

>I am aware with the readings here that you are able to write
>custom plugins for this application.  There is ways then to
>say use your own custom shell script lets say to pass a sting
>to a web server and check to see how long it takes to give you
>a response and base your alerts on that criteria?

We already do this using the standard check_http plugin.  However, writing
your own plugins for NRPE is extremely easy, as has already been mentioned.
I've produced a whole set of them here for some more specific needs
(checking Oracle, RAID arrays, LVM, etc)

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **