Running java plugins in nagios

Thomas Schimpke schimpke at lenze.de
Mon Sep 6 11:03:47 CEST 2004

Hi Andreas,

> You know, perl has rather excellent database support through the
> Perl::DBI module. I don't quite follow why writing it in the
> resource-hog java would make things better.

just because the integration of Java into SAP is good, the maintenance
of a Java program is easier (at least I don't remember, why my perl
script once worked...).

I know, Java is a resource-hog, that's the reason, why I liked to hear
some other opinions...

Another thing is (I think, you already guessed it): I don't like perl
too much...but I'll use perl, if the "general opinion" is "better leave
Java alone..."

Thanks for your advice,

Thomas