Make error on NCR MPRAS

Vanole, Mike mike.vanole at attws.com
Sun Sep 5 16:54:19 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm new to Nagios and am trying to compile the source on NCR MPRAS Unix.
I first tried using the NCR High Performance C Compiler R3.0c, but the
'make all' failed. Then I installed gcc and redid everything, but I get
the same error at the same location. Has anyone had success with
installing Nagios on NCR MPRAS? Here is the 'make all' output from a gcc
attempt:

make all
cd ./base && make
gcc -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNSCORE nagios.c checks.o config.o commands.o
flapping.o logging.o notifications.o seha
ndlers.o utils.o sretention.o ../xdata/xrddefault.c ../common/comments.c
../xdata/xcddefault.c ../common/objects.c ../xda
ta/xodtemplate.c ../common/statusdata.c ../xdata/xsddefault.c perfdata.o
../xdata/xpddefault.c ../common/downtime.c ../xd
ata/xdddefault.c -lm -o nagios
Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
mkstemp /var/tmp/cca000Bz4.o
UX:ld: ERROR: nagios: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output
written to nagios
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
make: fatal error.
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
make: fatal error.

I think the error message in columnar, and is actually " Undefined
symbol in mkstemp first referenced in file /var/tmp/cca000Bz4.o"

Thanks,
mike