R: Setting Up Disk Monitoring

Sam Stave sam_stave at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 20:42:01 CEST 2004

This is very easy actually:

Get NSCLIENT and install on your windows box:

get it here:

http://www.nagios.org/download/extras.php

(looks like TSMG software is down right now)

unzip and place the stuff in the XP_2K folder into a
spot on the machine where you want it. (I place it in
the winnt/system folder as this is always in the path.
remember not to mistakenly try to install it from a
folder on your desktop - as when you run the service -
it runs from that location)

c:\winnt\system\pnsclient /install
then start the service. (although its called NETSAINT
something service - I rename it to nagios)

then add your XP/windows hosts to nagios files:

in CHECKCOMMANDS.CFG

# "check_nt_disk" command definition
 define command{
        command_name check_nt_disk
        command_line $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$
-p 1248 -v USEDDISKSPACE -l $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
        }

IN SERVICE.CFG

define service{
        use
generic-service
        host_name                       hostname
        service_description             C:\ Disk Space
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5