Hosts where frequently turned off

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Fri Sep 3 19:30:05 CEST 2004

Chrigi,

I believe you're experiencing an issue with state retention now.

If the host was down when you started working on Nagios, and you have state
retention turned on, then Nagios will "remember" the host state as being
down.  If the host came up (ie check_dummy) before Nagios was started again,
nagios will assume the host is down still.  The host will not be checked
again until a service fails.  If you can artificially make one of that
host's services fail, then you will initiate a hostcheck to reset to proper
state (in this case check_dummy).