not getting email alerts

Ane Telleria Iñurritegi anetelleria at yahoo.es
Fri Sep 3 09:34:18 CEST 2004

I am having problems in getting emails when things go wrong either

with hosts and with Services. I would be very grateful if someone could help me.

 I do not know if the problem comes from configuration or whatever.

 I will send you some of my configuration files. I am not sure if they

are all the files I have to configure. If you can send me also the configuration of

/etc/mail/sendmail.mc. I suppose that I am missing some configuration file

but I do not know which. How has to be defined the mail server? I think that

I am failing in that way. Please help!!

If some files or some configuration is wrong please tell me.

 define contact{

      contact_name                        ane

      alias                        trabajadora

      service_notification_period                        24x7

      host_notification_period                        24x7

      service_notification_options                        w,u,c,r

      host_notification_options                        d,u,r

      service_notification_commands                        notify-by-email,notify-by-epager

      host_notification_commands                  host-notify-by-email,host-notify-by-epager

      email                        anetelleria at yahoo.es

      pager

 }

 define contactgroup{

      contactgroup_name                           eskola

      alias                           administaradores

      members                        ane

 }

 define host{

      name                        generic_host

      notifications_enabled                        1

      event_handlers_enabled                        1

      flap_detection_enabled                        1

      process_perf_data                        1

      retain_status_information                        1

      retain_nonstatus_information                        1

      register                        0

 }

 define host{

      use                        generic_host

      host_name                        servidor_correo

      alias                        equipo_personal

      address                        172.170.10.36

      check_command                        check_host_aliove

      max_check_attempts                        10

      notification_interval                        120

      notification_period                        24x7

      notification_options                        d,u,r

 }

 define command{

          command_name                        notify-by-email

          command_line                        /usr/bin/printf “%b”

“*****  Nagios  *****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService:

$SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState:

$SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\Additional Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$” |

bin/mail –s “** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is

$SERVICESTATE$ **” $CONTACTEMAIL$

 }

 define service{

        name                        generic_service

        active_checks_enabled                        1

        passive_checks_enabled                        1

        parallelize_check                        1

        obsess_over_service                        1

        check_freshness                        0

        notifications_enabled                        1

        event_handlers_enabled                       1

        flap_detection_enabled                        1

        process_perf_data                        1

        retain_status_information                        1

        retain_nonstatus_information                        1

        register                        0

}

 define service{

      host_name                        servidor_correo

      service_description                        SMTP

      is_volatile                        0

      check_period                        24x7

      max_check_attempts                        3

      normal_check_interval                        5

     retry_check_interval                        1

      contact_groups                        eskola

      notification_interval                        120

      notification_period                        24x7

      notification_options                        c,r

     check_command                        check_smtp

 }