Strange behavior, Nagios running but not doing checks?

Stork, Johnny [PH] JStork at providencehealth.bc.ca
Thu Sep 2 17:27:44 CEST 2004

I have had Nagios runnign fine for months, using Mysql as the database. But
recently I just noticed that only a few checks out of dozens appear to have
been run lately and most have dates more than 2 months old now? Any given
service check shows the correct "expected" time of next check, and nothing
seems to be going into the /var/log/messages file? Also, I can run any of
the given service checks from the command line just fine? Any ideas as to
whats gone wrong and how I can debug this?