schedule downtime for host AND it's services

Richard Luys richard.luys at vanderlet.nl
Wed Sep 1 13:03:51 CEST 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:22:51 -0600, Cook, Garry <GWCOOK at mactec.com> wrote:

> nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
[...snip...]

>> That's what I thought, too. But when I schedule a downtime for a host,
>> the service is still checked, and when you look at the extinfo for the
>> service, there's no sign, that the service is in scheduled downtime.
>> When I do a availibility report for the service, it messes up
>> my stats,
>> because the service never seems to be in a scheduled downtime.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Philipp
>
> You might want to read the docs on downtime again. As I understand them,
> anything scheduled for downtime SHOULD continue to be checked. Downtime
> only stops notifications.

I think Garry is correct on that one; you don't want to get notifications
about a host that you know it's down, but it still is down and not
available for users. So in my opinion a report on system availability
should state this system as unavailable for that period, and if you look
at it that way, your statistics are correct...

Richard