NSCA on Irix?

Nicko Acks nacks at nccs.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 1 01:01:32 CEST 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 04:06:26PM -0400, Nicko Acks wrote:

> Has anyone here gotten the NSCA plugin to compile on IRIX 6.5 recently?
> We are attempting to use NSCA 2.4 and libmcrypt-2.5.7 on IRIX 6.5.20f
> with MIPSpro-7.4 compilers.
>
> We have been able to get things to the point they configure, but we are
> still having issues with getting to compile to work.  We also had
> problems with the standard plugin set, but we believe to have resolved
> most of those.
>
> This is probably something silly that we are missing.
>
> I was just wondering if anyone had any hints specific to the IRIX
> platform on how to get NCSA compiled and working.

On a lark I just downloaded the latest snapshot from cvs of nsca and to
my suprise it compiled (with warnings).  The configure script still
seems to have issues finding the libmcrypt we built for use with nsca,
but so far it does seem to work.

For future reference here is what we needed to set to get the cvs
version to compile (under IRIX 6.5.x):

# set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LD_LIBRARY32_PATH (IRIX specific) to include
# mcrypt
export
LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH=${LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH}:/path/to/mcrypt/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/local/nccs/lib

# configure script still needs path to mcrypt prefix dir to compile
./configure
--with-libmcrypt-prefix=/path/to/mcrypt/prefix/dir

I am not quite sure just yet what changed between nsca-2.4 and nsca-cvs
that would cause ld problems with finding mcrypt, but they seem to be
fixed in cvs.

--
Nicko Acks                              301-286-2333 voice
NASA / Goddard Space Flight Center      nacks at nccs.gsfc.nasa.gov
Computer Sciences Corporation           Building 28, Room S228
Code 931