Permissions/web access problem

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Fri Oct 29 21:34:44 CEST 2004

Hello to all.

I have an issue that you've probably seen posted a million times, but please
bear with me.

I've installed nagios (dag rpms) on a RHEL AS 3 box.  When running nagio -v
/nagios.cfg, I get a clean report.  I can bring up the nagios web interface.
However, when trying to access any information via the web interface, I get
the following error:

It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any
of the hosts you requested...

I believe I've done all the permission things (e.g. nagios user and group
created, apache and nobody added to nagios group, proper permissions on
/var/log/nagios/rw).  BTW, I can find no nagios.cmd in the rw directory; is
this normal?

Anyway, I'd really appreciate help in getting nagios to work.

Many thanks.

Diggy