Host Down - Critical/Cleared service issue

Frederico Faria frederico at ati.com.br
Fri Oct 29 17:08:19 CEST 2004

 Hi,

    I have configured event handlers  that send alarms ( with severity critical/cleared )  according with status of services and hosts monitored.

      When the host goes down ,  the Nagios  doesn´t invoke the service handlers  for the services that are running on that host.
The Nagios "silent"  all potential alaerts for services running on the host.
      However when the host goes UP again  the Nagios  invoke the  service handler  (  with the UP state ) for the services configured  on  the host.   Is this the correct Nagios behaviour ?

      This behaviour causes an inconsistent state for  the monitoring application.  How  can I have received an alarm OK  for a service without before have received the CRITICAL alarm for the same service ?

   Thank you,

Frederico Faria