AW: Nagiostat

Robert Nelson rnelson at windchannel.com
Fri Oct 29 01:21:28 CEST 2004

> It's actually more than just the PROGRAM line...
>
> I didn't want to blow away the entire status.sav because I
> had a bunch of
> WebUI settings that I wanted to save.
>
> Each line of status.sav has a host or service, and saved
> somewhere in this
> line is the ON/OFF settings for perfdata, flap enable, etc.
> I'm not sure
> which field is perfdata, but I know it's here because the settings are
> granular down to the service/host level.
>
> SERVICE: renderhost415; PING; 0; 1098978145; 0; 19805002;
> 4150; 0; 2420498;
> 0; 0; 1; 1; 1; 1; 0; 0; 1; 1; 0; 1098960004; PING OK - Packet
> loss = 0%, RTA
> = 10.90 ms
>
> I deleted the lines that contained the services that I needed
> to "refresh"
> the configs for, and all was good.

Ted,

I noticed this afterward. Alternatively, if you stop the program, then
delete the PROGRAM line from status.sav and restart, ALL hosts will be
checked for performance data if their template has it enabled. As an
aside, notifications are then disabled globally too, but that's easy to
fix.

I think the 0 fourth to the left of the last timestamp (this one here ->
0; 1; 1; 0; 1098960004;) can be changed. I ended up stopping the system,
cp status.sav to status.old, start the system, wait a few, stop the
system, then cp status.sav to status.new and look at the difference
between the old and new status files. Ugh.

Good luck finding a regex that will satisfy all your hosts and services
- I pattern matched the 11 0/1 settings and ended up not changing the
hosts/services that have been acknowledged or disabled. But like you
said, it was worth the struggle to me to keep my year's worth of records
and settings as well as not throwing 800 status checks at the perf
handler when I've only got three I care about.

Rob Nelson
Network Engineer
Windchannel Communications
919-538-6326