Managing nagios configuration files

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Thu Oct 28 22:49:00 CEST 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 04:03:20PM -0400, Simon Tetelbaum wrote:
> to restart it with the updated cfgs. I'm thinking of forcing users to
> edit config files in one directory and push them out to another when
> they're finished updating. Any other solutions? Thanks
Haven't done it, but you could force them to go through a CVS
system and have the 'live' config periodically refresh from a
CVS update. If it applies a tag everytime it goes to a new
config you could roll back to the last 'good' config pretty
easily.

Add in a forced preflight check on commit and you'd have a
fairly reliable system.

-JM
--
I'd love to go out with you, but I have to floss my cat.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.