check_snmp problems

Robert Nelson rnelson at windchannel.com
Wed Oct 27 22:07:21 CEST 2004

I had this problem yesterday. The problem I have is that the check_snmp
plugin only allows you to specify versions (-P) of 1 and 3. By playing
with the snmpget command, I found out that I needed version 2c. The fix
was to edit
/usr/local/src/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.3.1/plugins/check_snmp.c, search
for proto, find the appropriate section, and change "1" to "2c". After
that, recompile. I'm not sure why the plugin won't let you specify 2c,
but the fix was good enough for me!

Rob Nelson
Network Engineer
Windchannel Communications