Nagios On Mandrake 10

Karl karl at sfdata.net
Wed Oct 27 19:11:42 CEST 2004

For future reference by future users:

Greeting Future Human, this is the ten minute way to get Nagios up and
running using Mandrake 10 Official.  I made this to save all humans time.

Mandrake 10 works with Nagios in the following ways:

You install 3 RPMs, Nagios Plugins, Nagios, and Nagios WWW, and their
dependencies.

You then visit the "Configure My Computer" tool to an icon called
"Services" and turn on Nagios.

http://localhost/admin/nagios

/etc/nagios/ is where the config/docs are.

Since slocate works differently than on BSD systems, I had to type slocate
-u /home to create the slocate DB, then found my nagios files.

Hopefully this snippet benefits you, let me know if it does.

-krb

> Hi,
>
> I was working in OpenBSD on Nagios, but figured to try Mandrake 10, and
> voila, it installed quite well, even showing up in the services as already
> running.
>
> Question, installing from RPMs has the down side of not showing you the
> docs, anyone know how to access the web interface [URL] for Nagios on
> Mandrake 10, as well as where the docs/config files are? [i installed the
> nagios-www].
>
> -karlski

> reporting any issue.

Karl R. Balsmeier
Sr. Systems Engineer
SFDATA.NET, LLC
415.608.2681
---
NOTICE: This message may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this
for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action
based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this
message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and