Nagios Escalation

David Ecker david at familie-ecker.net
Wed Oct 27 16:29:53 CEST 2004

Using esclations we discovered the following phenomena:
If a for a service the critical stage is reached alarms will be send to all
defined contacts. For this service the notification_interval is set to 20
minutes.
After 5 minutes the state of the service changes to WARNING. At this moment
alarms will be send to the second escalation step contacts as defined in
escalations.cfg. If the service stays at the level CRITICAL the second
escaltion stage is activated after 20 minutes.

Since I can't find any descritpion about the logic of the escalation steps,
how does it work? How can I configure the system that the
notification_interval or the time to reach the second escalation stage is
well defined and constant?

bye
David Ecker