OpenBSD 3.4 Nagios Start Error: su: no such login class: 0

Kim calipah at free.fr
Wed Oct 27 01:38:09 CEST 2004

Karl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed Nagios on OpenBSD 3.4 and have just about everything set
> exactly as all my other Nagios boxes, but on OPenBSD 3.4 I get this error.
>
> server# sh /etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios start
> Starting network monitor: nagios
> su: no such login class: 0
> Oct 26 06:35:02 server su: 0: unkn
> Oct 26 06:35:02 server su: 0: unkn
> PID TT   STAT      TIME COMMAND
>
> Anyone also running this on OpenBSD run into this?
>
> I noticed the way the group and user were created don't seem all the way
> complete.  Any ideas?
Hi i've experienced similar problems on a debian. Indeed the way su
options works in debian is not really the same as in others distros. So
i've checked the init.d script and just removed in line x
su -l the l so i have know
su -
maybe it comes from a similar problem in your case. That's just an idea.

Hope you understood my english.
Have a nice day.