error: Cannot find ssl libraries

nagiosmaillist.4.lgetschel at spamgourmet.com nagiosmaillist.4.lgetschel at spamgourmet.com
Tue Oct 26 16:49:12 CEST 2004

Hello All-
    I inherited a Nagios environment that was minimally running. I've
been following the posts for  a couple of months now. I've gotten nrpe
to work on a number of our RH 7.2 and RH 9 Linux systems. However
another set of RH systems  "complain" when I try to compile nrpe on
them. I get:

"checking for SSL... configure: error: Cannot find ssl libraries" (I
thought I had an OS version issue when I tried running nrpe -d manually,
and got:
"error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.4: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory".

So I tried compiling it myself. Then I realized is a was a packages
issue. I checked what packages I had installed:
     rpm -a  -q  | grep ssl
only shows the      openssl-0.9.6b-8     package installed.

on my working systems, I show all these packages installed.
     #  rpm -a  -q  | grep ssl
     openssl-0.9.7a-5
     openssl-devel-0.9.7a-5
     docbook-style-dsssl-1.76-8
     mod_ssl-2.0.40-21.3
     openssl096-0.9.6-17
     openssl-perl-0.9.7a-5
     openssl096b-0.9.6b-6

My question is simply, Of all these packages, which package(s) do I need
to add so that these other systems will work?
Thanks,
Lewis

--
Lewis Getschel             | Today is done...
WesternGeco                |     Today was fun...