SMTP Service Queue Monitoring (Windows)

Dan Goggiano dgoggiano at doit.nv.gov
Mon Oct 25 20:42:25 CEST 2004

All,

            We are running a relay system in Windows 2k3 to provide some
spam filtering and virus scanning.  We occasionally have the problem of
inbound mail being received and queued but not sent out.  We monitor the
services and they (IIS + SMTP) are both running, but the queue just
keeps going.  I would like to monitor the number of files in the queue
directory to make sure a certain threshold has not been exceeded.  Has
anyone successfully done this on the Windows side with Nagios, or is
there a better way?  Can't find any useful performance counters,
etc...so help would be greatly appreciated!

- Dan Goggiano
Computer Operations Manager
State of Nevada
Department of Information Technology
(775) 684-4306

This communication, including any attachments, may contain confidential
information and is intended only for the individual or entity to it is
addressed. Any review, dissemination or copying of this communication by
anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
e-Mail and delete all copies of the original message.